If the cute bartender at your local watering hole has asked for your number, don’t be scared of saying yes to a date when he or she finally calls. (Not all bartenders are players. We promise.)
Here are 15 reasons to date a bartender:
1. Free drinks.
2. Matt Damon did. He met his wife, Luciana Barroso, at the bar where she was pouring drinks. They’re now raising four daughters together.
3. Bartenders work hard for their money. You won’t be dating someone lazy.
4. Because bartenders depend on tips, your date will likely treat other people in the service industry well.
5. Bartenders are patient and aren’t easily fazed. They remain calm around obnoxious behavior on a nightly basis.
6. Bartenders are charming and have mastered small talk.
7. You can swing by your partner’s place of employment without feeling awkward about it.
8. Tom Cruise in Cocktail. Enough said.
9. Bartenders are on the receiving end of a lot of empty lip service and drunken flirtations at work. They appreciate relationships of substance at home.
10. They’ve seen it all. So if you’re feeling a little woozy or weepy, it’s not likely to scare them off.
11. Bartenders are practically therapists. Having witnessed plenty of dates (and likely having lent a listening ear to many broken-hearted drinkers), your date will have a unique perspective on relationships.
12. Bartenders often have dreams beyond bartending. Sandra Bullock, Bill Cosby and Bruce Willis all poured drinks as they pursued their current careers. Others want to own their own establishments. (Even if your date has no plans to do anything but bartend, don’t be a career snob. It’s an honest living.)
13. You’ll have a few nights a week to yourself.
14. At work, your partner will be the coolest guy/gal in the room. (Dating a bartender isn’t for the insecure. Consider it a compliment that everyone loves your date.)
15. Bartenders are used to taking care of customers, even anticipating their tastes and desires. Make a bartender’s day by buying him/her a drink — elsewhere.
Have you ever dated a bartender?