You’re picking up your morning coffee at The Coffee Bean when you notice a cute stranger sitting at a table alone. Here are ten coffee-shop-approved pickup lines. Caffeine recommended.
1. If the person is behind you in line, pay for their order. (Actions speak louder than words, after all.)
2. Comment on his/her order. “Black coffee. A purist. I give my stamp of approval.”
3. The easy compliment: “I have no idea how you can look so great pre-coffee.”
4. Be honest: “My coffee hasn’t kicked in yet, so I can’t think of a charming pickup line.”
5. If you’re both laptop-users, bond over the need to literally recharge. “Can I borrow your outlet?”
6. The bathroom break is the easiest opportunity to chat with the stranger next to you: “Can you watch my laptop for a minute? I’ll buy the next round of caffeine.”
7. Comment on the music selection. “If I were a singer-songwriter, my ultimate goal would be to inspire novelists in coffee shops.”
8. Split a brownie. “I have a personal rule to never eat chocolate alone.”
9. If the object of your interest is reading a book, comment on it when he/she looks up from reading. “I’m pretty sure the last 10 books I’ve read have all been in coffee shops. I don’t even know if I’m literate at home anymore.”
10. Speculate about the coffee shop’s secret menu. Ask him/her what their dream coffee-shop order would be. “I think I’d want nutritionist-approved bacon coffee.”
Share your coffee shop pickup lines below – but only if they worked!