Contemplating accepting that dinner offer from your neighborhood plumber? Go for it. Here are 15 reasons to date a plumber:
1. Plumbers are refreshingly pretention-free. No snobs here.
2. Your date offers an essential service. There’s job security in that. (Plumbers are rarely affected by economic changes.)
3. Because of the point above, plumbers can make a great living. Never underestimate the trades.
4. Plumbers are great with their hands.
5. They’re handy in general. You’ll have your very own handyman/woman.
6. Plumber’s crack is cute when it’s YOUR plumber’s crack.
7. Plumbers have a great work ethic and demand quality of their work.
8. Plumbers handle a lot of responsibility. They have to create lasting quality systems for buildings and businesses of all kinds.
9. If the plumber you’re dating is successful, it’s because he/she is respected by other tradespersons.
10. Plumbers have great (and gross) stories to tell. No two job sites are alike.
11. Plumbers are problem-solvers, overhauling unfortunate situations and not settling for an incomplete job.
12. Plumbers have strong stomachs and are not easily grossed out.
13. Plumbers have some control over their schedules, allowing for a little flexibility when needed.
14. Plumbers often work for themselves. Small business owners are sexy.
15. Plumbers are good teachers, often operating as mentors for young apprentices.