Shh! Just because you shouldn’t ask loudly doesn’t mean you shouldn’t invite that cute librarian out for a drink.
Here are 15 reasons to date a librarian:
1. Librarians are literate. This is likely not the case for everyone you’ve dated. (If you have a fear of books, don’t even bother.)
2. Librarians are well-educated. Many of them have master’s degrees.
3. They’re passionate about learning and making information accessible to everyone. They’re sponges for new information and want to share it.
4. Librarians are great Scrabble opponents. (“Great” means “undefeated.”)
5. Librarians are organized, analytical and budget-conscious.
6. Some librarians are really great with kids, engaging them in summer and after-school reading programs.
7. Librarians make a good, consistent living. They’re not rich, but most of them aren’t scraping by either. Bonus: They have steady, predictable hours that are easy to plan dates around.
8. Librarians are doing what they love. Most librarians don’t accidentally fall into their jobs. It can be a long journey to finding full-time library work.
9. Some people have a “thing” for librarian types. If that’s you, date one.
10. After getting hit on by awkward library patrons, your smiling face at the end of the day will be very welcome.
11. Not only can you visit your significant other at work, you probably should. Renew that card!
12. Librarians value punctuality. (Otherwise, it’s $0.25 a day.)
13. Strange characters with even stranger requests frequent libraries. You’ll hear lots of great stories.
14. Just because the work environment is a calm, quiet one, doesn’t mean that your date won’t appreciate a fun night out or can’t hold his/her own in lively conversation. Ignore stereotypes. They don’t really apply anymore.
15. Bedtime stories.
Have you ever dated a librarian?
Sign up for eHarmony today and find the librarian of your dreams.