Got a hot date? No worries, our Girl-Guru of the moment Bethenny Frankel shares her rather relaxed philosophy on the latest addition to her Skinnygirl empire which will help keep you in ship-shape.
Bethenny Frankel is a girl’s-girl who truly understands the challenges (we) women face in keeping it all together, just look at her past and present successes like her healthy foods recipes and lo-cal Skinnygirl Cocktails. Her newest endeavor is one she refers to as ‘Lazy Lingerie’ and was really born out of an honest need for smoothing shapewear that not only holds and molds you in all the right places but ensures you look beautiful and sexy in the process. Not that we have anything against hard-working shaping pieces, but what woman wants to look like she’s wearing a sausage-casing? Not me, not you and definitely not Miss Frankel.
Being the Type-A problem solver that she is, shapewear got a full-on make-over in typical Bethenny style. In her own words, “I always feel like the underdog but am also always looking for practical solutions to problems….if there is something out there that bothers me, then I know there is someone else out there too that has the same feeling.” So how do you take what has been an evolution of the girdle to something pretty and sexy and feminine? In a process that took nearly one year to perfect, Frankel went for a fabulous fit first, “The fit was the hardest part, I knew what I wanted it to look like but worked hard to find out what women needed and how it had to fit.” Even though most would consider Frankel’s own figure pretty darn amazing, she has in the past worn shapewear to help keep her clothing smoothed out. She admits to hating shapewear that makes you bulge in between the pieces or over the top of a waistband (we agree), so she set out to make sure her pieces didn’t roll down or create unsightly lumps.
Beyond the fit, the most significant factor in her collection is the look. “Shapewear basically started off almost as a girdle, but we’re taking it way beyond that. My pieces are meant to be seen. There should be no guilt about wearing these pieces, they are pretty enough that you will want people to see them. Let the camisole show underneath a sheer blouse. Let the lacy hem of the slip peek out from the bottom of your skirt.”
So what’s so lazy about her lingerie? That’s simple, ” These are pieces you can be proud to show off and very importantly, see yourself in.” If you’re dating someone that you might be getting intimate with these smoothers and shapers in shimmering leopard lace, printed dot power mesh and sexy laces in cherry red, champagne and jet black will not disappoint, and your object of affection will be none the wiser.
Frankel shares her tips to help you get the most out of your shapewear:
1. Be adventurous. Don’t worry about when you’re wearing it…just put it on and enjoy it…the pieces should feel fun and sexy.
2. Let them subtly peek out. Play a little hide n’ seek with the tank top underneath your jacket or a sheer blouse or with the lacy hem of the slip from beneath your skirt.
3. Let these pieces be your problem solvers. No one has a perfect figure, so instead of stressing out about your flaws, use these pieces to help you look good and feel confident. Girls like Kim Kardashian and Beyonce work their curves and certainly don’t have the perfect figures, but they know how to play it up. Focus on your positive assets, don’t beat yourself up over your flaws.
4. Try the Booty Booster. This is one of my favorite pieces. It works well under a
favorite pair of jeans or a sexy skirt, it just gives your booty some extra shape and magically lifts it up.
5. You don’t have to suck it in. If your tummy needs a little help, wear the Unstructured or Cupped Cami’s. They cover your stomach and do all the work for you so you can relax and have a good time.