Single and Dating in America
Single and dating in America? You’re not alone. A 2006 study found that 16% of single Americans are hunting for a partner, which represents 7% of the US adult population. Most singles actively looking for a partner felt it was difficult to meet others (55%). Interestingly, 43% said it was easy to meet people and 2% said they didn’t know.
When asked how many dates they had in the past three months, singles looking for a partner said the following:
- 25% went on 5 or more dates
- 22% went on 2-4 dates
- 13% went on 1 date
- 36% hadn’t been on any dates in the past 3 months
Oddly enough, there were more singles not looking for a partner than looking for a partner, with 26% of US adults not married and not looking. Although it is possible that a good portion of those unmarried people were in a romantic relationship already.
It’s been a while since this research was done. How do these findings compare to you? How many dates have you been on in the last 3 months?
Similar articles from eHarmony Labs you might enjoy:
· Who should make the first move? – When online dating, should you make the first move or wait for them?
· Trends in Marriage, Cohabitation, and Divorce – find out how relationships have changed over the last 50 years
· Do pick-up tactics really work? – find out which pick-up tactics actually work and on whom
If this article gave you the confidence to find your match, try eHarmony today!Join Now