It’s Mobile Madness as eHarmony Launches Datebook & Windows Phone App
The amount of people using mobile for their online dating needs has increased dramatically. It’s mentioned in almost every meeting I’ve been in lately: “Did you know that 45% of people are registering for eHarmony on mobile devices?” That is pretty astounding! I guess it shouldn’t surprise me, since my iPhone is literally in my hands at least 4 hours a day.
This means that our mobile team has greatly expanded — and have recently launched two cool new apps/features. The first is called Datebook, a new feature exclusive to our popular iPhone app. Think of Datebook as the ultimate date organizer, diary and planner. Datebook is free to all eHarmony users who register and complete the relationship questionnaire. Any information added to Datebook is completely confidential and will never be shared with a user’s matches. Promise! Find out more by searching eHarmony in the iTunes App store.
Datebook highlights include:
- Add anyone – Add not only eHarmony matches, but also people you’re dating outside of eHarmony to your Datebook contact list.
- Calendar sync – Any date outings you enter will automatically sync to your iPhone calendar.
- Foursquare integration – Search for locations and get valuable info provided by Foursquare, including location photo, phone number, address, dollar rating, and top tips from Foursquare users.
- Date history – Datebook saves all your date details, including where you went and any private notes you’ve written about that special someone.
- Rate your dates – Privately rate who you’re dating and where you’re going. In the future, eHarmony will use this data to suggest great dates for you.
- Date Questions – Save our icebreaker questions to your Datebook Favorites, so you always have something to talk about on that first date.
Here’s a look at Datebook:
Just released (like today!) is the Windows phone app, which everyone here is really excited about because it looks great and operates so smoothly.
The new Windows Phone app includes:
- Easy sign up - Register for eHarmony through a simple process and take the relationship questionnaire to receive compatible matches.
- Create a profile – Upload photos, answer profile questions and share interests to show your matches the real you.
- Communicate – Receive daily matches and get to know them through eHarmony’s guided communication process and send eHarmony mail.
- Photos – Matches’ photos are beautifully compiled in a photo mosaic to help users get a better overview of each match.
- Activity Feed – See who’s viewed you, which matches have sent you communication, and who’s updating their profile.
- What if – A popular eHarmony feature, “What If” lets users check out more singles that are great matches, but just outside their preferred settings.
- Navigate – With the implementation of the Windows Phone pivot control, you can swipe between different sections of the app with ease.
Here’s a sneak peek at what it looks like:
For more information, search eHarmony in the Windows App Store.
Are you using mobile for online dating, and are you liking it more or less than desktop?
If this article gave you the confidence to find your match, try eHarmony today!Join Now