I keep having to learn this golden rule over and over again (!). I conveniently forget how important it is to meet someone halfway, and that the “my way or the highway” attitude is such a path to dating destruction.
Here are some key points about compromise:
• When both people’s points of view are being taken into consideration, they are both happier.
• Validation and understanding are key elements to a successful partnership.
• The ability to not agree yet rise above and compromise reveals a real maturity.
• Your dating life will be much more peaceful when you don’t insist on doing everything your way.
• If there are certain things you won’t compromise on, it’s better to get that on the table earlier than later.
I am sure most of us know this in theory, but little reminders always help me!
How important has compromise been in your relationships? What have you learned about it?