7 Facts about Love for Valentine’s Day
In honor of Valentine’s Day, I have gathered a few interesting facts about love and romance. Here are some recent findings from the pages of relationship science:
1. Most Americans (58%) take between 2 months to a year to fall in love. In contrast, more than 90 percent of Lithuanians report falling in love within a month!
- The difference may be in the meaning behind the word. Americans see love as including more friendship and comfort whereas Eastern Europeans see love as more of an unsustainable fairytale.
2. Do men fall in love before women? Although most people think women rush into love, men actually say “I love you” first.
3. With 40 percent of U.S. workers having dated an office colleague and 31 percent of them going on to marriage, having Valentine’s day on a Tuesday may not be so bad for singles after all.
- A recent study shows that certain work environments are more conducive to romance than others – for example, environments where there is lots of interpersonal contact to get work done!
4. Valentine’s day may cause you to break up? If your relationship is already in trouble, Valentine’s Day may speed up a break up.
- Recent research shows that unhappy couples are more likely to break up before or directly after this holiday compared to the rest of the year.
5. In fact, there is a reason why break-ups hurt so much. Research shows there are physical symptoms to an actual broken heart.
6. On the other hand, there are things that may help heal your heart. For example, dark-chocolate covered strawberries dipped in slivered almonds.
- A perfect Valentine’s treat – it combines 3 heart-healthy ingredients to keep the heart pumping.
7. Keep looking for true love. 73% of Americans believe in the idea of soulmates – that two people who are destined to be together.
- Research shows that your belief in soulmates can impact your approach to relationships.
Wishing you lots of love and romance this year! Happy Valentine’s Day!!
If this article gave you the confidence to find your match, try eHarmony today!Join Now