I was imagining how life could be if everyone aspired to practice everything on the list below. I mean, we are talking “Love Town” for real! I had to share Marc and Angel Hack Life’s recent list of the “Ways to be Irresistibly Attractive,” and encourage everyone to print it out and read it. Often.
Here’s some highlights:
- Stop the gossip and superficial judgments. Applying the “judgment” aspect to online dating is huge. How many times have you closed a match because the person didn’t fit the bill physically? I have heard countless stories from eHarmony success couples who initially thought a match wasn’t their usual type, but they overlooked that…and are extremely happy they did. I think we are sort of conditioned to judge people and situations automatically…it takes a real conscious effort to try and judge nothing — and no one – in your path.
- Be positive. I get compliments from people about being positive, like it is some rare trait. It shouldn’t be, right? Marc and Angel put it perfectly, “Think positively; speak properly; apologize rapidly; forgive quickly. Evolve your being and inspire yourself and others.”
- Drop the need to always be right. The person who can opt for peace rather than winning the argument is very admirable. It shows such a maturity and confidence — and lack of ego. Something I can definitely work on…
- Be flexible and keep an open mind. Who doesn’t want to be around someone who has the ability to just go with it? It makes life, and relationships, flow much more smoothly. Rigidity = stress = turn-off.
- Embrace your uniqueness. Accepting yourself and owning all of your quirks is very attractive. When you can laugh at yourself, it’s even more attractive. People who try to be something other than themselves may as well be waving a giant red flag out to others.
- Be loyal and honest. Marc and Angel reflect upon these character traits in a lovely fashion: “You can’t promise to love someone for the rest of their life, but you can sincerely love them for the rest of yours. When it comes to relationships, remaining faithful is never an option, but a priority. Loyalty and honest affection mean everything.”
- Embrace the possibilities of tomorrow. This includes letting go of the past and holding onto an optimistic vision of the future. “No regrets,” Marc and Angel say,”No looking back. Just hold onto life and move forward. We have no way of knowing what lies ahead, but that’s what makes the journey even more exciting – that’s what makes life worth living.”
- Do things for fun and passion. This is my favorite one. I don’t know how this happens, but so many of us forget to enjoy ourselves as much as possible and make time for fun. Have you ever watched someone having a great time, and doing what they love? It’s possibly the most attractive thing ever!
Enjoy their entire list.
I would love to know what makes someone attractive to you – beyond their physical appearance?