eHarmony and REO Speedwagon Unite for Success Couples Video Contest
eHarmony is all about love—and REO Speedwagon’s love songs are some of the most memorable. In celebration of eHarmony’s 10th anniversary and REO’s “Love on the Run” tour, we’ve teamed up for the “Keep on Loving You” Video Contest.
eHarmony couples in 10 markets will have the exclusive chance to showcase their chemistry and compete for a chance to win an ultimate sweethearts’ VIP package to attend the “Love on the Run” tour in their town. Lucky couples who have connected through eHarmony can submit a video of their best rendition of an REO Speedwagon song on YouTube, where entries will be voted on by the general public.
The grand prize winner for each city will be selected by REO Speedwagon from the three videos with the most votes in each market. The winning couples will each receive a pair of tickets to the show for which they entered and a romantic dinner for two served by the members of REO Speedwagon backstage, complete with VIP transportation.
“Keep On Loving You” Video Contest Dates:
Saturday, July 31, Los Angeles, CA
Thursday, August 19, Cincinnati, OH
Friday, August 20, Detroit, MI
Saturday, August 21, Cleveland, OH
Sunday, August 22, Canandaigua, NY
How to Enter:
As of July 22, 2010, the below Contest rules are modified as follows:
- In addition to the Entry method described in the Rules, entries will also be accepted in the form of a comment on the YouTube Contest Page, not to exceed 500 characters, which describes why the entrant should be served dinner by REO Speedwagon at one of the upcoming concerts. eHarmony reserves the right to reject any comments that include obscene language or may otherwise be deemed offensive or inappropriate.
- The Judging Criteria described in the Rules are revised so that all entries will be deemed “Finalists” and will be submitted directly to REO Speedwagon for the selection of the Grand Prize winner.
- All other terms and conditions of the Contest rules will remain unchanged and will continue in full force and effect.
Just submit a video response to the REO Speedwagon on www.youtube.com/eharmony. The video should consist of you and your eHarmony significant other singing or lip-synching an REO Speedwagon hit! You can be as creative, romantic, or funny as you want…showcasing the moment you knew you couldn’t fight this feeling or how you’ll keep on lovin’ your eHarmony sweetie. The sky’s the limit—just keep it PG!
Don’t forget to tag the video with the concert you and your significant other would like to attend. That’s easily done when you submit your video.
For more information about the contest, go to www.youtube.com/eharmony. Good luck!
You acknowledge that by submitting a video into this contest, you will be bound by the Contest Rules below.
See below for official Terms and Conditions:
THIS CONTEST IS OFFERED ONLY TO EHARMONY COUPLES WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO AND OTHER TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS OF THE UNITED STATES) AND WHO ARE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO AND OTHER TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS OF THE UNITED STATES) AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
“Keep on Lovin’You” Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Contest Period: The “Keep on Lovin’ You” Contest (the “Contest”) begins 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (PST) June 24, 2010 (“Start Date”) and ends 11:59:00 p.m. PST on August 14, 2010 (“End Date”) (the “Contest Period”).
2. Entry Deadline: The contest is open to entries submitted to eHarmony on or before the dates listed herein for each market (“Deadline”):
Location Deadline for submission
Los Angeles, CA Friday, July 23, 11:59:00 p.m. PST
Cincinnati, OH Wednesday, August 11, 11:59:00 p.m. PST
Detroit, MI Thursday, August 12, 11:59:00 p.m. PST
Cleveland, OH Friday, August 13, 11:59:00 p.m. PST
Canandaigua, NY Saturday, August 14, 11:59:00 p.m. PST
3. Eligibility: Contest is offered only in the United States to legal residents of the 50 United States (and the District of Columbia) excluding Puerto Rico and other territories and possessions of the United States, including overseas Military Installations who will be at least 21 years old as of January 1, 2010 and who possess the right and documentation required for domestic travel. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. In order to be eligible for the contest, entrants must be or must have been registered users of the eHarmony Website, and must have been matched through eHarmony (“eHarmony Couple”). Each couple comprises one entrant, and each person may only enter the contest as a part of one couple. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Rogers & Cowan, Azoff Music, REO Speedwagon, Creative Artists Agency, and eHarmony, Inc. (collectively, the “Sponsors”) and their respective parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies, web masters and web suppliers and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, ward, daughter or son) or members of the households of each (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win. Entrants who do not comply with any of these requirements or these Official Rules are not eligible to compete or win a prize. eHarmony estimates that the total number of entrants in the contest will be approximately 1,000. One (1) grand prize in each of the ten (10) markets above will be awarded by Azoff Music to the entrant who receives the most votes in their respective market. Anyone is eligible to vote and may vote up to 10 times per calendar day (12am – 11:59pm) with no more than 1 vote per couple per calendar day.
4. Entry: All entries must be submitted electronically via the YouTube contest page (“YouTube Contest Page”) located at http://www.youtube.com/eharmony. The entry form must include a video of an eHarmony Couple singing or pretending to sing a song by REO Speedwagon with an associated tag added to the video that includes the city of the concert for which they’re entering and the eHarmony Couple’s first and last names for verification purposes. By submitting an entry video, entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and any decision eHarmony or its designees make regarding any matters relating to the contest. All decisions made by eHarmony or its designees shall be final and binding. eHarmony reserves the right to disqualify from the Contest, and any future contest or other promotion conducted by eHarmony, and to prosecute to the fullest extent permitted by law, any entrant who, in eHarmony’s reasonable suspicion, tampers with any of eHarmony’s websites, the entry process, or any contest, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive manner. In the event of disqualification of the winner, eHarmony may replace the winner with the next runner-up at the sole discretion of eHarmony. All entries become the property of eHarmony, and will not be returned once received by eHarmony. Each entrant grants eHarmony the right to disseminate information regarding the entries as part of eHarmony’s ongoing marketing and public relations efforts without naming the entrant and without compensation, notice to or approval from the entrant, unless prohibited by law. Each entrant shall take any additional steps reasonably requested by eHarmony in order to transfer and/or perfect the rights granted or warranted to eHarmony in these Official Rules. If the entry is chosen by REO Speedwagon as the contest winner, each member of the winning couple expressly consents to the public disclosure of his or her name and video. Furthermore, each member of the winning couple consents to the use of his or her name, photograph and/or likeness, address, voice, and statements made by or attributed to him or her, by eHarmony, in perpetuity, in all media, technologies, and other formats now existing or later developed (including but not limited to print, broadcast, and Internet), for all business purposes, such as advertising and promotional activities, without additional compensation, notice, or approval, unless prohibited by law. By entering the Contest, entrant warrants that he or she is the sole designer, creator, and owner of the entry, including all visual components, or has permission to use copyrighted components, and further warrants that the entry does not infringe the rights of any third parties. Entrant must have obtained all necessary releases from any persons or related to any subject matter appearing in each entry. eHarmony reserves the right to discontinue the Contest, without any further obligation, due to an insufficient number of entries to be determined solely by eHarmony.
5. Contest of Skill: Because this is a contest of skill, winning is dependent on the quantity and quality of entries received.
6. Judging Criteria: The three (3) entries with the most “like” votes in the YouTube Contest Page by the End Date in each market will be eligible for selection by REO Speedwagon as the Grand Prize winner for that market. The Contest will be conducted in two parts: in the first part, entrants must submit their videos electronically via the YouTube Contest Page by the Deadline for their respective market, and eHarmony will select the three (3) finalists (“Finalists”) for each market based on the three entries that receive the most “like” votes. One (1) Grand Prize winner in each market will be chosen by REO Speedwagon, at their sole discretion, from among the Finalists. All decisions and voting totals are final and binding. eHarmony will notify the winning couple one week prior to the concert for which they are selected. Prize: The Grand Prize will consist of (A) two (2) VIP tickets to an REO Speedwagon concert in the couple’s area, to be provided by Azoff Music, (B) dinner served by band members backstage before the show, and (3) limousine transportation to and from the concert. Transportation will only be provided to transport the eHarmony Couple to and from one location within 50 miles from the applicable concert venue. The total Grand Prize Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) is $5,000 ($5,000.00) (USD), and Sponsors will not be responsible for any amounts in excess thereof. Once confirmed, Grand Prize package is non-changeable and non-transferable. No cash redemptions or prize substitutions are allowed, except at the Sponsors’ sole discretion. The difference between the ARV and actual value of the Grand Prize will not be awarded. Personal expenses and all other incidental expenses incurred on the trip that are not specifically provided for herein are solely the responsibility of the Grand Prize winners. Any Grand Prize winners who are located over 50 miles from the concert venue for which they have won will be responsible for their own transportation (and any other related costs) associated with this Contest.. Specifics of all prizes are in Sponsor’s sole discretion. eHarmony. will issue 1099 tax forms to winners based on ARV of the prize. If the prize or any part thereof is unavailable for any reason, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion, Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value. The Grand Prize winner is responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize. In the event the winners engage during the trip in behavior that (as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsors reserve the right to terminate the trip early, in whole or in part, and send the winner and/or his or her guest home with no further compensation.
7. Winner Notification/Releases: Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Sponsors’ web site(s) or any web site related to the Contest; to be acting in violation of the official rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Entries void if mechanically reproduced, defective, altered, forged or submitted through or outside authorized channels, made through robotic, macro, automatic, mechanical, facsimile, programmed or any similar entry duplication method and Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any individual using any such method. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Contest at the actual time of registration will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Potential winner may be required to provide the Sponsors with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the potentially winning entry. Sponsors may prosecute any fraudulent activities to the full extent of the law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
8. Limitations of Liability: The Releasees are not responsible for any lost, late, stolen, illegible, misdirected, damaged, mutilated, incomplete, incorrect, garbled or inaccurate entries or entry information, whether caused by web site users or by any of the equipment, computer hardware or software or any other technical operation or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, and the Releasees assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission at the Sponsors’ web site(s) or any web site related to the Contest, or for: (a) telephone, computers, network, or other communication line malfunction, human or other error or failure to properly process any entry; (b) communication disruption or other forces beyond their reasonable control, including inability to access any website, submission and entry or other disruption related to theft or destruction, tampering or unauthorized access to entries and/or entry information, internet traffic, virus, bug or any unauthorized intervention whether or not caused by any action, regulation, order, or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity, equipment failure, including overloading of the website due to excessive use, threatened terrorist act, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other similar or dissimilar cause beyond Sponsors’ sole and reasonable control; (c) damage caused by computer virus or otherwise resulting to any computers from entrant’s access to the Contest website or entry into the Contest; (d) printing or other errors appearing in these Official Rules or other Contest materials; (e) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from any entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize. Releasees shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by any performer(s)/event(s), air carrier(s), hotel(s), or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. The passenger contracts in use by the airlines or other transportation companies shall constitute the sole contracts with respect to the Grand Prize winner’s and his/her travel companion’s transportation and such contracts shall be solely between the Grand Prize winner, his/her travel companion and such transportation companies. Releasees shall not be parties to such contracts and shall assume no responsibility in this connection. Releasees shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage or the loss, theft or damage of cash, cameras, jewelry, securities, heirlooms, negotiable papers or other valuables. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, unauthorized intervention, fraud, tampering, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsors which, in the sole opinion of Sponsors corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to void suspect entries and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and select the winner from among all eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination or suspension. If the Grand Prize winner becomes disabled or cannot otherwise fully enjoy the Grand Prize package due to illness, Sponsors shall have the option of: (1) being relieved of liability for fulfillment of the Grand Prize award; or (2) at Sponsors’ sole discretion extending the period during which such prize may be awarded for a period equal to the duration of the Grand Prize winner’s disability or illness, in which case certain prize components may not be available. The Grand Prize winner must prove such disability by a doctor’s certificate, which certificate shall be endorsed by another physician agreeable to Sponsors and Grand Prize winner at Sponsors’ expense. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an online entry, online entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address from which the entry is made. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. A potential winner may be required to provide Sponsors with satisfactory proof that s/he is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the potential winning entry; entrants further agree that in any cause of action, Releasees liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall Releasees be liable for attorneys’ fees and/or experts’ fees and costs. Entrants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct or indirect damages. If any malfunction, error, disruption or damage occurs which impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Contest, Sponsors may, in their sole discretion, suspend or terminate the Contest. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASEES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY ENTRANT’S ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE INTERNET SITES www.eHarmony.com and www.YouTube.com, OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITES.
9. Disputes/Choice of Law: By entering the Contest, all entrants agree that the Sponsors have the right in their sole discretion to decide all matters and disputes arising from the Contest. Sponsors’ determination of the winner is final and binding. Except where prohibited, entrants agree that: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorney’s fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Releasees in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in that State.
10. Winners’ Names: For name of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Keep on Lovin’ You Contest: Winner’s Name Request, P.O. Box 60157, Pasadena, CA 91116. Winner lists will only be available until ninety (90) days after the End Date.
11. Removal From Future Contest Mailings: To have your name and email address removed from each Sponsor’s future contest mailings, please click the applicable unsubscribe link. As part of the entry process, you may opt in to receive messages from sponsoring parties other than Sponsors. You acknowledge that if you opt in to receive such messages, Sponsors will transfer your name and e-mail address to said sponsor. To have your name and email address removed from such other sponsors’ future mailings, please follow the procedure set forth in such sponsors’ communications.
Administrator: eHarmony, Inc., P.O. Box 60157, Pasadena, CA 91116
© 2010 eHarmony, Inc. All rights reserved.
If this article gave you the confidence to find your match, try eHarmony today!Join Now